Sunday, April 8, 2012

A Living God

Pin It

"Don't be alarmed," he said. "You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has Risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him. But go, tell his disciples and Peter, "He is going ahead of you into Galilee. there you will see him, Just as he told you."
Mark 16:6 & 7  

What a glorious Easter Sunday my family had. Praise God He is Risen.. He is alive and living in us.
I just want to take a quick moment and share a little something that happened on good Friday. We attended a wonderful service and as it came to a close our children rejoined us from their activities. There was a presentation a group of young adults did that was spectacular,  but during the presentation they played clips of the film Passion of the Christ. I was watching the young adults and looked down at my daughter who was sitting beside me, and she had tears streaming down her face. I quickly looked up and followed her eyes and realized that while I watched the presentation, she was watching the gruesome images on the screen. (It is a wonderful film and I recommend it.. just not for little eyes)  I quickly hugged her, and she just sat there with tears still coming down her little 8 year old face, I asked her if she was ok and she simply said "I don't like what they did to my Jesus".  I took that opportunity to remind her that He went through all that for her because he loves her that much. she sat there for a moment took a deep breath, wiped her tears away and said.. "praise God He rose on Sunday!"

How right my little girl is! He rose.. there for He is no longer a dead God but a living God! Through Him we all have a savior, we have the choice to seek Him, be forgiving, be made white as snow and be a new creature. A new person! What I mean by that is to take all the pain, sadness, and hurt that we have experience or caused and to be forgiven by Him, to allow Him to come in and help heal our past.  We serve a living God! I can barely contain myself as my heart pounds with excitement that its not over! That my heavenly father has a plan for me and it is a life changing one. So lets rejoice and honer him with every step we take.. with every decision we make. not just the big ones but the small ones as well, God doesn't want to be a visitor in our lives He wants to be LORD.. But it is up to you weather you allow Him to be or not! In Deuteronomy 30:15 it states "I lay before you life and good, and death and evil.... choose life". Have you made that choice?

If you have, praise God I rejoice with you!
If you haven't its not to late, He is waiting you. He loves you and has a wonderful future in store for you.
If your not sure than declare it today! right now. He will meet you right where you are. He loves you!

If you have any questions or you are unsure how to go about things,  please feel free to contact me. 5blessedkings@gmail.com I would love to tell you about Him and what He has done in me. if you have read my previous post you know I was a mess! if you haven't read them and you will understand why I say that! share this post with anyone you feel needs a new start, needs forgiveness, needs healing.

How has this resurrection weekend affected you?


Stella

No comments:

Post a Comment