Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I am no super woman!

Pin It
He found him out in the wilderness, in an empty, windswept wasteland. He threw his arms
around him, lavished attention on him, guarding him as the apple of his eye.
Deuteronomy 32:10 
MSG


I must first take a moment and apologize for not posting anything in a while.. I am happy to announce that We have finally moved into our new home and are in the final phase of finishing the renovation.. It is down to all cosmetic things. I have painted all but 2 small areas our closet and laundry room, 3 if you count the garage! But I am happy that my kids are finally settled and adapting well to the house and their new rooms. 

Of course with all this transition and work that we still had left to be done, our schedules have taken a hit and we are working to regain our routine. It has been hard when my husbands days off where still focused on mudding and texturizing the new walls.. Not an easy task when you are living in the space and trying to keep the area you are living in dust free, and i am not talking regular dust i am talking joint compound dust that takes over everything!  Again I am happy to be done with that! 

However after a few weeks of focusing on that I must admit I began to feel like I was losing my mind. Our schedule was crazy and I stayed up later and later trying to catch up on things.. Therefore not getting enough sleep, and as we all know that is not a good thing! I began to feel inadequate as a Christian, wife and mother. I couldn't find school papers, I fell behind daily tasks, I couldn't keep up with laundry, needless I was having a bad couple days... Have you ever had one of those? Where you just feel like you can't get it together no matter how hard you try!? Well that was me.. And I would say to myself "tomorrow will be better" and then it was worse than the day before! Hehe well I would pray and thank God I was alive, that my husband and children where healthy, and praise Him for all the blessings in our lives.. But still I felt I was falling short daily.

Then one evening I was sitting on the couch tired, exhausted and ready to cry at the drop of pin... When my beautiful daughter who was not feeling her best came and sat on my lap and snuggled up to me. She needed me! ME! At that moment when I felt like I was failing her she needed me. That was my Awesome All knowing heavenly Father and His perfect timing, that was His gentle reminder that she doesn't see my short fallings, she doesn't see me the way I was seeing myself at that moment. To her I was just her mommy and that was all she needed from me at that moment. She didn't need me to be the super woman I felt I needed to be. Of course at this moment I did cry, because it also reminded me that God too does not see me the way I was seeing myself. Praise God for that!  So I went and spent some time with my Heavenly Father and gave it all to Him.. I left all my concerns and worries at His feet making sure I didn't pick them all back up the next day, or the day after that. 

My beloved Women.. When we feel down or have a rough time lets not forget who we are! Who our Father says we are! our families need us and count on us, but let's not forget that we need our God, who is ready and willing to guide us every step of the way. I thank God I am still a work in progress... Because that means He has not given up on me, and here is the Good news He NEVER will!

How precious and weighty also are Your thoughts to me, O God! 
How vast is the sum of them!
Psalm 139:17

 
If you have doubts or your not sure and wondering what God does say about you.. Please feel free to contact me. There are no wrong or dumb questions. We all start some where.. In fact as we get closer to Easter this week, my son and I were just having a conversation this morning about why Jesus did have to die on the cross for us. I loved hearing him talk about the love he knows God has for him, I admitted to him that for years I heard this amazing story and still didn't understand it... How could one man do that and why.. How I just didn't comprehend who he was and why. I know now but it took me a while to understand. So please feel free to email me any questions or concerns you have at 5blessedkings@gmail.com 

Search me [thoroughly], o God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there is any wickeder hurtful way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalm 139:23&24

Feel free to comment, follow "The Word Mommy", and share this blog with your friends and family. coming soon is this blogs Facebook Page! I will keep you posted! 

Be blessed

Stella 

1 comment: