Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Puzzle Pieces

Pin It
I watched my youngest son start a puzzle tonight on the kitchen table. He didn't get far but he had a good start. I had been thinking about my next post how I felt God was leading me to write about healing.  I watched as he put so much careful work into the pieces, that when diner was ready I was prepared to serve it around the puzzle pieces. As soon as I announced that diner was ready I realized my son began taking apart the puzzle without a second thought. I told him there was no need to take it apart and he simple stated "it's ok I can do it again tomorrow". I watched him carefully put all the little pieces back In the box, making sure he didn't lose any.  


 As I continued serving diner I thought about how many times I felt I was broken in my life.. How many times I felt like my life was in a million puzzles pieces, spread out not knowing where to begin to put my life back together.  Which lead to me to think about what it is that makes people feel like they are broken.. A broken heart,  loss of a job, death of a loved one, and so on. I have had a few of those in my life including, my abortion. I thought about the moment that I realized God forgave me for my sin, and how in that moment God showed my a picture.. A glimpse of my life after allowing Him to work in me, I saw a happy life, full of joy, and happiness, I saw laughter and moments of pure happiness. But then the glimpse was gone and I saw the task at hand. I had to let Him help me put the pieces back in place.  


 I thought of the journey and all the times I thought I was ready, the times I would start the puzzle get a few pieces together only to realize the hurt was still to strong.. So I would take it apart again. Making sure I would try and remember those few, where they went, what they felt like and tuck them away so I wouldn't lose them. I took me years of taking the puzzle out of the box, trying it one more time, each time getting a little further than the last. It took a few times of God showing me the picture, the one of hope before I could again try. I also remember the day that I took out the puzzle and thought this is it.. This time it will be done.. This time with Gods help I can do anything. It took me a few months I would at times walk away, but I wouldn't put it away, because God had finally shown me the BIG picture. The one where I realized its not just about me but the other women He is trying to help, it was time I get it done so I could move on to helping other women to heal.  


 For some the journey is long for some it is short, for me it took years. But it was the right, and perfect time because I didn't do it alone. I did it with my heavenly Father, and His timing is perfect! He was grooming me for this season. I am so grateful for the journey and all the things I have learned as well as all the people in my life. 


 What a wonderful Father we have! It amazes me to think of the greatness He is. Yet how much He loves me... How gentle and tender He was with my heart. How patient and careful He was when pressing in and molding me into the woman He created me to.  


 He is waiting for you! So I encourage you to take out the puzzle of your life and start just one pieces at a time to put it together. God is with you, in fact He is our biggest fan! We can't do it alone, we have to do it with Him in order to get it right, because He has the picture, He sees us as whole completed, all of our potential and greatness inside of us. If you have any questions about where to begin just ask me and I prayerfully lead you in the right direction.  I am so excited for you!  

 Stella

No comments:

Post a Comment