Tuesday, January 17, 2012

You Never Know!!

Pin It

About a year ago I was researching how to explain that life begins the moment of conception,  I have read many examples in the Bible including in one of my favorites Psalms 
     
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mothers womb.
                                                                                     Psalm 139:13
                                                                                                
But I wanted to be able to explain it to some who who was either a non believer or someone who just needed to understand it better.. I need to be able to explain it to a believer of the 2 misguided theories "it's not a baby yet" and " it's just a lump of tissue". My search led me to a YouTube video where Mike Huckabee interviews Kathy Ireland, and simply put she explains how a newborn baby does not look like a toddler but is still a living being, a toddler does not look like an adult but is still a living being and so on.. Just like a baby at 2 hours of conception does not look like a newborn but is still a living being! Obviously she goes into further detail, lol but that is the part that stood out to me the most! I will post the link below! 

I remember I couldn't sleep that night... Because for me, every revelation was a deeper understanding of my own experience.  What if I took my 5 year old Landon, to a Dr. that specializes in ending 5 year old lives? For whatever the reason...  How would you react?  Well the truth is that is what I did. Just with my five week old baby in my womb. I don't beat around the bush or try to sugar coat what I did.. And even though I am able to type this without crying right now doesn't mean my hands aren't shaking.  All I can say is thank you Father for your mercy! ... Where would I be without you! 

So again why talk about this over and over again... Because people need to hear it. Again 1 in every 2 1/2 women have had an encounter with an abortion. One of the women i went to church with, who shared the link to my blog on her Facebook page summed it up perfectly when she said don't judge a book by its cover.. She's right. She had no idea that I had dealt with this in my life,  and honestly a lot of people in my life still have a hard time believing it. But I did, so you never really know! 

I met a woman once who had 2 abortions in her past.. She is now a 50 some year old woman never married and has no children and I watched cry and mourn the family she should have had, the 2 children she aborted, the family she will never have on this earth, she said she never imagined she would never be married and childless.  My heart ached for her. Again... You just never know. 

Today I look at my children And I try, I try everyday to be the best mom I can be. I hold them, hug them, kiss them... I love talking to them and watching them grow into these wonderful little people.. I praise God for entrusting me to be their Mommy.. I am so grateful for the people God has placed in my life, especially those who have been Jesus with skin on for me. Who have never given up on me, and who make me strive to be the best mom I can be!

Again thank you for reading, I encourage you to comment, email, subscribe and share this blog. You never know who will read it and find out they are not alone, and that mercy is there for the taking, it is abundant and never failing! 

Stella

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzisHrqZAbM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

4 comments:

  1. So true...you just never know. I have a table set up for Sanctity of Human Life month and I tried to make it as welcoming and friendly as possible. I watch the faces of people at church as the glance over & realize they are seeing a prolife display...cute teddy bears, baby bottle banks to collect for our local pregnancy resource center, etc...and I see their eyes. The smile immediately drops. Many adjust their course to exit from the door farthest away from the table. My heart breaks & I pray for each of them because while I don't "know" their experience with abortion, I suspect they have dealt with it in some capacity...and God knows. He wants to heal them & forgive and mend that broken-ness. I am glad you continue to talk about abortion because it is glaringly absent in the Church...maybe a mention it once or twice a year...maybe give a shout that "abortion is murder", then leave it at that...this is not being a prolife church and actually succeeds in wounding women & making her feel as if she has committed a sin that Christ can't or won't forgive...a LIE! And many succumb to the lure of abortion to hide the evidence of sexual sin feeling they will be judged. I am fighting this approach to the life issue in the Church (& to even get churches to deal honestly with the reality of abortion)....have been for almost 2 decades, and it is a tough fight. Keep fighting Momma!

    PS...I often hear the form and function arguments...that the unborn are not worthy of protection and life because s/he can't do some of the things born humans can to...ie, breathe air instead of amniotic fluid. Or that they "don't look human". First, our humanity is not based on what we can or cannot do nor is it based on what we look like. The Bible says Christ was beaten so badly He didn't even look human... Some have diseases or injuries that cause them to look different than other humans. This doesn't diminish their humanity....nor does being in a coma, mental retardation, being paralysed, not being able to breath on ones own or requiring machines to sustain life. We are human because we have human DNA and from fertilization, someone looking undetermined a microscope at a tiny embryo, with the proper education, could tell a human embryo from other embryos. To those who claim the very early 1st trimester embryos don't look human, I just laugh. Of course they do...they look exactly like every other human does at that age. ;-) It is a stage in development...like an infant doesn't look like a toddler or a teen...yet, they are all human. I often wonder and ask, what magically happens at birth, or viability, or quickening, etc that changes a non-living, non-human fetus into a living, human baby. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you are talking about because I was one of those women that avoided the table. In my case more because i want to cry just being around it. I also know know what you mean when it comes to the church acknowledging to topic of abortion more. In fact you have inspired my next post so I hope you have a chance to check it out.

      Delete
  2. Stella, I love that you've created a blog to share your life experiences and hard-earned wisdom with women in need. You are a wonderful, amazing woman and I am so proud to know you! The way you love your family makes even us 'good' moms feel like we need to step upi our game. Thank you for having the guts to do and say what's necessary, even in the face of the hostile world we live in today. I call you blessed! And I rejoice with you that you will get to meet your baby in heaven someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for our words! this does not come easy, but with my God!!

      Delete