Sunday, June 24, 2012

Music that moves me..

Pin It


 They shall lift up their voice, they shall sing;

For the majesty of the Lord

They shall cry aloud from the sea

Isaiah 24:14


For those of you who really know me, you know that I love music!!  I don't know if it came from being a dancer, because I was exposed to all types of music through it, but either way I love music. So I thought why not share some of it with you, and maybe share with you why some of that may be good or bad for our children and us..

Now if you are a music lover like me, you probably experience the same music timeline I do..


YOU  KNOW.....  the timeline where you can go back and trace what songs you were listening to during what era or period of your life.. Here's a few examples



  • How I would Jam and sing into my brush when Mirah Carey's "Someday" first came out. I was about 12 or 13..
  • How I would listen to Marc Anthony's old school music with my HS besties around 1996 in the dark and turn it up really loud!!
  • How my collage room mate would listen to a greek pop artist she loved, or, she would have Titanic's "My Heart Will Go On" because after seeing the movie she decided she was going to be an actress.When she wasn't around I would listen to Celin Dions "To Love You More" on repeat!
  • How I was listening to Mya's "Fear of Flying" in the car on the day of my first date with my husband.




I have hundreds of these.. but I have to guard my heart and the hearts of my children. What I mean by that is, I can't listen to 90% of the music I use to listen too anymore. Because attached to the music are certain feelings. Sometimes, usually when I am in a restaurant or shopping and I hear and old song.. I realize I will start singing it with out even thinking about it, and all of a sudden I am back to that time in my life. Remembering the feelings attached to that period of my life are there as well. Crazy I know... But there is sooo much more to this. I mean it, I can go on and on when it comes to this subject. But I can only graze the surface on it here, or this would be the longest post ever.


So why do we have to guard ourselves... well here are just 2 of the reasons..


#1. I as a child of the most High God, I am a different person now. I am renewed, so why would I want to reminisce of a time where I was not in the will of God, and living an ungodly life. I don't know about you but I can't go back there! To take it a step further.. if it doesn't glorify God, it's secular music therefore it is glorifying the world and we do not belong to this world but to His Kingdom!


#2. If we know we should not listen secular music why would we want to expose our children to it?
Most secular music talks about heartbreak/"breaking up", an ungodly lifestyle, drinking, drugs, pre-marital sex, and so on. SO why allow our children to hear these things.. just as we speak life into them.. this music also plants a seed that these things are ok. Nothing warms my heart than to hear my kids sing songs that worship God and glorify Him, and trust me on occasion where they do here something secular they are full of questions as to why they are singing certain things.. Children are listening and the are very aware of what is being said. 



What is the conclusion then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will also pray with the understanding. I will sing with the spirit, 
and I will also sing iwith the understanding.
1Corinthians 14:15



I must be honest and admit I was one of those teens growing up who though adults where crazy when they tried to explain this to me. However My role models  at the time were all guilty of this too. But now that I have a personal relationship with my Heavenly Father I understand.. think what you may, I know it sounds old school.. but it is... it's in the bible.. do the research. I dare you.


Please if you have any questions Please Please Please ask! No question is silly! I was once there and had to do my own research and I praise God I had the Bible and the resources to help me though it. email me if you need to at    5blessedkings@gmail.com


So now I want to share with you some of the music that has touched my life in someway.. So in other word my New Music Time line... enjoy!


Everlasting Love When I first surrendered my life this song gave me hope.
How He Loves by Jesus Culture I mean whats not to love about this.. HE LOVES US REJOICE!!
Open Up the Sky by Deluge I want nothing but Him.
 Waiting Here For you by Christy Nockels  What a voice!
Make Me An Answer  by Ricardo Sanchez A call to Ministry.
Moving Forward by Ricardo Sanchez Who would ever want to go back after listening to this!
My Nation Healed by Ricardo Sanchez and Israel Houghton Not much of a video but close your eyes and just listen you will never be the same!
Broken Man By Unspoken These Guys are awesome! If you ever get the chance to see them live the are amazing!!
I've Got Joy by Unspoken Love their grove it's like no other!!!!
The Healing Has Begun by Matthew West Song he wrote on the topic of abortion. For women who have had one. I was listening to this when God told me it was time.. Time to glorify Him with my testimony. 
Come In My Courts by Deluge He calls us to worship and bask in His presence
Mesjesty (Here I Am) by Delirious Moves me
Heart of Worship by Tasha Cobbs Worship
Amazing God by William Murphy III Love, Love, Love this!



 “The Lord was ready to save me;
Therefore we will sing my songs with stringed instruments
All the days of our life, in the house of the Lord.”

                                                              Isaiah 38:20

Honestly I could go on and on, these are just a few but ENJOY!!
Stella

No comments:

Post a Comment