Friday, June 22, 2012

Answering the Call

Pin It



In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. 
Proverbs 16:9

Wow!! It's officially summer. It has been a year since my family made the move to Florida. I still look around sometimes and wonder how on earth I got here, every once in a while I see a palm tree and it hits me all over again. As soon as it does I still have a  plethora of feelings that hit me.. Homesickness... (if thats even a word) I miss my wonderful family and friends. Then a moment of realization where I think of everything we have been through this last year.. then excitement because I have Gods word.. and the word He gave us about why He called us in FL.. for ministry. 
Sooooo I sat and waited for a little while waiting for God to just hit me over the head with what it is that He wanted me to do. (Silly I know, but seriously I can't be the only who has ever done that!!). As I dove into Gods word searching for a map He began to reveal things to me that that he had already revealed but I guess I had forgotten. In my very first post (Click here to read it!) I shared a small part of my testimony with you. I also shared that my Heavenly Father showed me that my child's death would not been in vain and that I would glorify Him with this.  Of course I still have my moments when I still want to plead with God and I beg Him to let me keep this hidden. 


It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
Laminations 3:22-23 


There is a reason that His mercies are new everyday.. Then I have the moments of clarity that reveals His plan, and my testimony is so much greater than me. So I take a deep breath pray and take another step. 


So I know I have been MIA from the blog for a little while. May was an awesome month where we focused on My other Blog, one that I do with  a dear friend Light For A Woman's Path. But I have been taking notes and there is so much I have to share with you! 


So in the last month I have had several meetings with different organizations and ministries. I am currently training to become a counselor at a pregnancy center, and the training has been mind-blowing! I consider it a privilege that God would choose to use me.. of all people, in this way.  Next month I will also be completing training to lead Post- Abortive woman through the same counseling I went through, and to publicly speak about my child. I have the honor of being used by God to introduce the love and forgiveness that is available to them through the blood of the Lamb. 


I am blessed to have met amazing people and mentors in this process.. and blessed with an incredible support system that God has provided that spans from Ohio to Florida and New York to Texas!!  I also get to see my children begin to stand on Gods word too. To hear my beautiful daughter pray for the end to abortion. I get to see my oldest stand tall next to me because he knows the pain and has seen my tears and he understands Gods plan. I am Honored to have such a supportive husband who with the grace of God was able to see through my past and has accepted Gods call to protect me and Love me even on my rough days. I also have a little guy who may not fully understand why I cry sometimes, but who God has given the ability to sit in my lap wipe my tears away and tell me I am beautiful even when I have my  Rudolph red nose. 

So now I ask you.. what is it that God has spoken to you.. What is it that He has called you to? Now if your sitting and waiting for God to hit you over the head.. stop!! There are hurting people in this world who need to hear your testimony now, or who are waiting to hear something that only you can say!
Remember that for some people out there we will be the only bible they ever read!!!  God is calling you all to be Jesus with skin on, we have the Holy Spirit living in us.. and we have the advantage of knowing how the book ends!! :) can you imagine if we all answered that call!


Now if you are unsure if your hearing from God test yourself!! 


1. Does it exalt Christ? (John 16:14)
2. Is it Scriptural? (Proverbs 30:5-6)
3. Do other Christians confirm it? (Proverbs 15:22)
4. Does it produce good fruit? (John 15:1-16
5. Does God bring it to pass? (Isaiah 55:10-11)


I may elaborate more on this in a future post ;)


Stella






  

No comments:

Post a Comment